Monday, May 29, 2017

School's OUT for the summer!!

School's out, but we did one lesson. I think my plan is to review things at random over the summer, but have one good lesson each week, that teaches a life lesson instead of just the alphabet. I trial ran it on Tuesday...
The one lesson we did was about using kind words and how it is hard to take back mean things once you say them. We used a toothpaste as a good visual prop for this lesson. First I had them squeeze all the toothpaste out, to signifiy saying mean or bad things. We talked about how sometimes that seems fun, just like squeezing it all out.

 

 Then I had them try to put it all back inside.... they didn't think this was as fun. I explained that it is hard to take back what we say. We talked about how we felt when people were mean to us and tried to relate that to the feelings they were having about putting their toothpaste back inside the tube.



Kieryn's first and last day of school comparisons!





Seems so grown up!



 Thanks Ms. Shaffer!


Over the weekend I had my 15 year class reunion. Cheers to the B&B Falcon of 2002! We had 13 of 25 people make it.





So many fun memories!

Yippie! Summer's finally here!

1 comment:

  1. Grandpop and GrandmomMay 31, 2017 at 3:44 PM

    We love your blog updates!!

    ReplyDelete