Friday, January 13, 2017

Alphabet Review Week!

We took this week to do a letter review! Monday was a big "errand day" for me so I decided to use it as a teaching/learning time. I would hand various items to Ronan as he sat in the shopping cart and either ask him to find a letter or ask him what letters he saw on the package. His favorite place for this game was at Hobby Lobby when I asked him to find a few things that began with various letters... He wanted to buy the three pictured here... Taking a pic was the only way I could get him to leave the items at the store... He really wanted to buy them but I said we couldn't buy that day...we negotiated that I'd keep a pic so we could look at it later. He was satisfied.




On Tuesday I did a review with Micah and Ronan using puzzles. First we did a train and practiced the alphabetical order...lots of singing of course...




Then we did letter sounds... I would say the letter sound and they took turns finding the letter that made that sound. If they weren't sure I gave them the letter so they could find the match. 




On Wednesday Ronan was with Janell for letter P review. Try did a pepperoni pizza dice/counting game, they made pizza, and later made a play dough porcupine.




On Thursday we practiced matching uppercase to lower case...Ronan could find nearly all of them!



We ended the week with an alphabet snow ball fight. We included Kieryn because I thought she would have fun with it. The snow balls had the lower case letter... Once they said the letter on the snowball they had to find the upper case and hit it with the "snowball"! Very fun!






Until next time! Stay warm and safe this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment